Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lessons I have learned on creating a Community

By being the founder of my own community website on Meditation I have learned many lessons on how to create a strong social network. The first thing I learned in order for a community to succeed is it have more than enought members. I found during the recruitment process that you have to be persistent. I had to send out many emails and facebook messages in order for people to actaully follow through. Sending a short email explained to people why they should sign up and ensuring them that the sign up process is only a quick one - just involving a quick registration and upload of a profile picture.


I have also learned to monitor my site and members with special attention to those that seem the most enthusiastic. These are the people that are willing to go above and beyond for the benefit of the community and that it is important to take their opinions and points of view into play to help them feel that they are needed. People are willing to do a lot if they are passionate about the subject. And those who were not so passionate about the subject were not as active as the others.




No comments:

Post a Comment